Monday, May 22, 2017

Political Ponderings


     Well, it has happened. I have become one of those bloggers. Meaning I am so busy with real life that I have had zip time for writing. And I have absolutely hated it! My job has been great, however, it's ending the first week in June 😢 Which I am dissapointed because I loved making a paycheck and actually having something of a scheduled life, but there were some stressful parts as well. So in many ways, I'm kind of glad I'm leaving. Now it's just spending the whole summer looking for another job. I feel like my life has gone back to square one. 

     Anyways, enough of the negative. For fun I decided to post a few things that somehow have a political minded center to them. Real life, social media and Hollywood.

1.) Trump's Israel visit

     So today has been an exciting day for many people as the Trump family made their first foreign visit to Israel. I myself think it was a great move. President Trump is also the first president to ever visit Israel and has made great strides in strengthening America/Israeli ties. I was quite proud as an American seeing the First Family paying their respects to the Western Wall and being warmly received by the Netanyahu family. While I'm still somewhat skeptical about Trump from time to time, he has made excellent strides in the short time he's been in office. I pray he continues to get better and make stronger much needed changes in the U.S. 


     May I also add that Jared and Ivanka have totally made a great JFK and Jackie impression on the first day of their trip. I think they look fantastic!!!

2.) Tumblr 

     At one point in time I believe that Tumblr was created to become a social network geared towards, geeks, artists, and bored college students. A place where people could create, use their imagination and actually feel like their skills and talent were worth something. However, now Tumblr has gone from a fandom playground to a platform of liberal policies. I can't tell you how much liberal politics come across my dashboard. People who think that they are so 'deep' and 'insightful' with their 'progressive thinking' and somehow feel that their opinions are validated when they receive comment such as:

THIS!

So deep and profound!

THIS!

Yes! Finally someone said it!

OMG! I've waited forever for someone to finally write this!!!!

THIS! THIS! THIS!

     The list goes on and on. Now, is there freedom of speech on this social platform? Absolutely. Yet, I've noticed that conservatives are being attacked by theses liberals and anyone who is straight, white, pro-life, pro-gun or whatever constitutes being an American conservative are coming under fire. Like with Facebook, Tumblr is becoming a hotbed of hateful, vitriolic and biased opinions all generated by wannabe social politicians. And that is certainly not OK. 

     Tumblr liberals, grow the hell up and get a clue that your opinions on your computer screen are just empty thoughts with no force or action behind them. You preach diversity and tolerance, but are completely incapable of accepting actual difference of opinions and free thinking.

3.) The West Wing

     A couple of months ago I started watching the Emmy award winning show, The West Wing. Now, I'll be honest, I actually started watching it because of Rob Lowe (in spite of his filthy, misogynistic treatment of Ann Coulter in September, it's impossible not to like him. To hate him just for what he said would make me...well like a liberal). I have to admit, I have really enjoyed the series. Now, of course it's Hollywood so everything is liberal. From gay rights to abortion. There is no love for conservative Christians, but Catholics also come off as arrogant and fake in their beliefs. The characters themselves are great though! The show has a surprising blend of drama and comedy and manages to take politics and make them understandable. Once you get pass the liberalism the show is quite enjoyable.    


     It actually felt good to write again! Hopefully I'll be able to get back into blogging. Continue with my story and writing movie reviews.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.