Friday, July 17, 2015

Si Volvieras A Mi (If You Would Come Back To Me)


     I love Josh Groban! I've been listeing to him since I was about 9 or 10 years old and it's impossible to choose a favorite song, but this Spanish love song would definitely be a top favorite.

Here's the English translation:

How to survive
How to calm my thirst
How can I continue without you
How can I jump without a net [to catch me]
With that farewell so savage and cruel
You took away all I had
Time came to a halt
And my heart is now a desert

Oh if you came back to me
The sun would raise 1000 spring times
If you but came back to me
Every kiss you gave me would be miraculous
But today you're gone
And there is no turning back

What is there after you?
More than these tears
Like the rain in a garden
Playing endless music,
Cold and tragic.
Now on bended knee I plead to God
That for the good of us both
Something might break inside you when you listen
To this idiot dying of love

Oh if you came back to me
The sun would raise 1000 spring times
If you but came back to me
Every sight of me would be miraculous.
But today you are gone
And there is no return for us

You let loose a hurricane,
The fire and fury of a volcano
That I don't know how to stem
Being the fool that I was
A slave to you
I just can't do that anymore.

Oh if you would just come back to my life,
if you come back
If you returned me,
I would be happy once again
But today you are gone
And there is no turning back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.