Thursday, August 16, 2012

London 2012 Summer Olympic Games


We had a great Olympic year : ) And though I'm sad that they're over, I'm counting down the days (not literally) to the Sochi, Russia 2014 Winter Olympic Games

Even though my family has never been crazy about sports, we're die-hard Olympic fans! I mean we get crazy in the living room during the competitions. For two weeks the television was on all day from morning to midnight with never-ending reports and updates.

Here are some of my favorite Olympic moments.

~ ~ ~

Swimming

Michael Phelps awarded "Greatest Olympian of All Time" from FINA with a total of 22 medals, 18 of them gold.

U.S. swimmers Missy Franklin, Rebecca Soni, Dana Vollmer and Allison Schmitt pose on the podium with the gold medal after winning the women's 4x100 medley relay final.
Missy Franklin, Rebecca Soni, Dana Vollmer, and Allison Schmitt
My favorite Olympian, 2 gold medal and silver medal swimmer Nathan Adrian. 
God Bless America.

 ~ ~ ~

Gymnastics

US Men's Olympic Gymnastics Teams. I was disappointed that they lost, but they gave it their best.

(Great Britain) Bronze medalists Sam Oldham, Kristian Thomas, Max Whitlock, Louis Smith and Daniel Purvis after the medal ceremony in the Artistic Gymnastics Men's Team final. 
These guys were AMAZING and I was so happy that they won the bronze.
US Gold Medal Woman's Gymnastics team. Jordan Wieber, Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Aly Raisman, and Kyla Ross.
Russia's Aliya Mustafina and Victoria Komova

Two time gold medal winner Gabby Douglas from Virgina Beach, VA!!

McKayla Maroney
 ~ ~ ~

Track and Field

South Africa's Oscar Pistorius

Usain Bolt
~ ~ ~

Great year, great athletes, great victories! 

Can't wait for Sochi 2014 and Rio 2016!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments : )

I love getting comments, long or short, whether you agree with me or not. .

Just be kind. I don't tolerate any rudeness at all. So just be careful with what you write and how you write it.